SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – February 14, 2011 – ForgeRock today described its outstandingly successful first year of operations delivering open source, standards-based identity platform solutions to high-scale customers, and started the new year with news that web identity pioneer ApexIdentity are merging with ForgeRock, bringing both technology and key skills to the company.
ForgeRock was started in February 2010 as a self-funded company by seasoned technology industry professionals, and is now one year old. In its first year:
- ForgeRock did business with 35 customers in 10 countries
- Global turnover exceeded $2M US and continues to grow
- The company has grown to 35 employees who between them speak at least 14 languages
- ForgeRock has 80 consulting and training partners globally
- The company is now incorporated in the US, UK, France and Norway and has five office locations
- ForgeRock joined the Kantara Initiative, working on federated identity standards
- ForgeRock secured the future of two open source projects, federated access manager OpenAM and LDAP server OpenDJ, and contributed new code and features to produce new releases of both
- ForgeRock created and launched one new open source project, identity provisioning system OpenIDM
ForgeRock has now started its second year of operations, and is pleased to announce that ApexIdentity will be joining ForgeRock effective today, bringing their expertise in identity and access management to the projects that comprise ForgeRock’s I3 platform. In particular, their great work on OAuth 2.0 will be adapted and contributed to the OpenAM project, maintaining its reputation as the leading open source system for access management. Founders Jamie Nelson and Paul Bryan will join ForgeRock’s leadership team with responsibility for the overall I3 platform vision and execution.
“After an exhilarating first year, ForgeRock now has a strong base of resources of all kinds to deliver its reliable, scalable, open source identity solutions to customers throughout the US, as we have already in Europe” said CEO Lasse Andresen.
“ApexIdentity and ForgeRock make an ideal team to address the demanding identity market,” said ApexIdentity CEO Jamie Nelson. “The combination of standards and open source delivers unbeatable flexibility and reliability, but without the lock-in of proprietary solutions.”
A global company with bases in the UK, USA and Norway, ForgeRock is committed to continuity of innovation and service for the existing and new open source interaction, identity, and integration software found within the I3 platform. ForgeRock provides customers with enterprise-class subscriptions for the platform as well as training and access to an extensive partner community. For more information, visit www.forgerock.com.