Named as a Leader in each of the report’s four categories, ForgeRock positioned ahead of all other entrants in the Innovation category
San Francisco, CA, May 10, 2016 – ForgeRock®, the leading open platform provider of identity management solutions, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the Product, Innovation, Market and Overall categories in KuppingerCole’s 2016 Access Management and Federation Leadership Compass, taking top honors in Innovation as the category leader. KuppingerCole is the leading European analyst house offering the most authoritative voice on the Information Security, Identity & Access Management, Governance, Risk Management & Compliance and Digital Transformation sectors.
KuppingerCole’s Access Management and Federation Leadership Compass provides an in-depth analysis of the main players in the market, classifying each as a Follower, Challenger or Leader. ForgeRock’s open source ForgeRock Access Management product (previously referred to as “OpenAM”), has been named as a Leader in each of the report’s four categories:
- Product: Product Leaders provide the leading-edge products in the particular market segment.
- Market: Market Leaders have a large, global customer base and a strong partner network to support their customers.
- Innovation: Innovation Leaders are driving new ideas, devices, or methods in the particular market segment.
- Overall: Overall Leaders are identified based on a combined rating, looking at the strength of their products, market presence, and innovation.
Highlights from this year’s report – ForgeRock has:
- Maintained its Leader status in the Product category.
- Risen from Challenger to Leader in the Market category – a clear reflection of the company’s growth in recent years.
- Taken the top position in the Innovation category, ahead of Oracle, CA Technologies, and Ping Identity.
- Been classed a Leader in the Overall category for the first time.
Commenting on the current Leadership Compass, Martin Kuppinger, Founder and Principal Analyst, KuppingerCole, says: “One of the greatest challenges of access management is controlling the complex relationships between things, devices and people, whilst supporting the authentication of things. Managing millions of connected things places new demands on scalability. With its access management solution, ForgeRock aims to meet the future requirements of businesses.”
“We are pleased that ForgeRock continues to improve its position in KuppingerCole’s highly competitive ratings,” says Mike Ellis, CEO of ForgeRock. “Both the position as Overall Leader and the top position in the Innovation category are particular accolades for our work. This is further proof that we are are accurately assessing market needs and developments, and delivering new and innovative solutions that meet the challenges of the digital era. With this in mind, we plan to carry on enriching the market with innovations in future.”
For more information on KuppingerCole’s 2016 Access Management and Federation Leadership Compass:
Read our blog with ForgeRock co-founder Jonathan Scudder.
The ForgeRock Identity Platform™ transforms the way millions of customers and citizens interact with businesses and governments online, providing better security, building relationships, and enabling new cloud, mobile, and IoT offerings from any device or connected thing. ForgeRock serves hundreds of brands like Morningstar, Vodafone, GEICO, TomTom, and Pearson, as well as governments like Norway, Canada, and Belgium, among many others. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, ForgeRock has offices in London, Paris, Düsseldorf, Bristol, Grenoble, Oslo, Sydney, and Vancouver, Washington. ForgeRock is privately held, backed by leading global venture capital firms Accel Partners, Foundation Capital, and Meritech Capital. For the latest news, information and free downloads, visit ForgeRock.com, or follow us on social media: