New capabilities in the ForgeRock Identity Platform point the way forward for Customer Identity & Access Management
Today’s launch of the latest version of the ForgeRock Identity Platform is a decisive step forward in the transition of the digital identity space from employee-centric to customer-centric. Identity and access management has long been seen as an important technology for securing devices, data, and applications for employees and stakeholders within organizations. Increasingly, however, organizations see identity as a way to secure access to external users, devices, and things, and an enabler of omnichannel, personalized customer experiences. The problem is, traditional identity and access management systems designed for securing a few thousand employees within a single organization, can’t provide the same kind of functionality or performance needed to secure identities for millions of customers.
The new release further establishes the ForgeRock Identity Platform as the most advanced digital identity management system on the market today. Indeed, as much of the industry struggles with the shortcomings of conventional employee-centric IAM offerings, the demand for customer identity and access management (CIAM) continues to accelerate. The ForgeRock platform has been proven in dozens of external identity deployments for customers, and IoT deployments where highly scalable digital identity is critical to success. In fact, well over half of the hundreds of millions of identities under management through the ForgeRock platform today are customer, not employee identities. That dynamic will continue to grow with the launch of the new platform, as will ForgeRock’s dominance as the leader in digital identity management. Let’s take a look at some of these new capabilities and features.
- Improves Customer Engagement and Insight with enhanced social registration and login options across any device or thing using popular providers such as Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn, as well as marketing integration with Marketo. Social registration and login gives customers a seamless way to use services and smart products without having to create yet another password or fill out lengthy forms and enables organizations to gain access to rich customer identity data so they can better understand, personalize, and engage their customers throughout the entire buyer lifecycle.
- Increases Privacy Controls for Users that enable consumers to personally manage what data is collected and used based on their user profile, including opt-in/opt-out settings and the ability to close and delete accounts.
- Extends Security and Usability for Identity of Things, enabling organizations to protect against the misuse and theft of OAuth2 tokens while easily providing secure registration, authentication, and authorization of new devices within a digital ecosystem.
- Enable DevOps and Dynamic Cloud Architectures with new automation and continuous delivery features that enable organizations to integrate the ForgeRock Identity Platform into their modern development environments to achieve faster time to market and elasticity. Provides the agility of an IDaaS with the power of a full identity platform.
- Unified Platform with Modern Architecture makes it even easier to integrate legacy applications across modern web, mobile and APIs and provides greater visibility with rich interactive documentation for the platform’s common REST API.
For an overview of the new ForgeRock Identity Platform, we have a detailed feature breakdown available through our webinar, The Future is Now: The ForgeRock Identity Platform, Early 2017 Release. Finally, as always, the platform section of the ForgeRock website is the ultimate resource for up-to-date information on our offerings.