Ping Identity surveyed consumers across 14 regions worldwide to better understand preferences in digital experiences, including authentication methods, fraud protection, decentralized identity, and digital wallets.
The findings highlight the importance of seamless, easy-to-use digital experiences:
- 81% say that ease of use is important when interacting with brands online.
- 65% would switch to a comparable brand if it offered passwordless authentication.
- 60% have stopped using an online service because they became frustrated with the login process.
- 59% are still storing passwords by memory alone, with 54% admitting they have too many to keep track of.
While consumers want simple digital experiences, they also want to know their data is secure, especially given the recent proliferation of artificial intelligence (AI):
- 63% are more concerned about identity theft than financial loss when sharing personal information online.
- 54% are concerned about the possible use of AI technology to create impersonations.
- 50% say that the use of MFA makes them feel better about a service because it suggests that the business cares about protecting their data.
- Only 10% of consumers have full trust in the organizations that manage their identity data, with the most trust in banks (61%) and healthcare services (51%).
To learn how to deliver the seamless and secure online experiences customers want