Authorization – Granting Access in an IoT World
Customers and employees want simple, seamless, and secure access to resources, without being burdened by complex security requirements. With the explosion of the internet of things, IoT devices like switches, locks, lights, pet doors and cars, trusted authorization and access management is more critical than ever.
With the ForgeRock Identity Platform, you can establish simple and flexible access and authorization policies, from basic, simple, coarse-grained rules to rich, powerful, fine-grained entitlements with contextual understanding.
- Flexible coarse- and fine-grained authorization – your choice.
- Quickly add or update policies, without modifying underlying applications.
- Authorize how IoT data is shared based on dynamic information.
- Secure access to physical resources, like doors, buttons, or switches with fine-grained authorization
- Empower users with delegated authorization of their data between cloud, mobile, IoT, and other devices and locations with User-Managed Access.
Most solutions only protect at initial authentication. Apply contextual identity, fine-grained authentication, adaptive risk, multi-factor authentication, and push authorization at the time of authentication as well as at any point during a digital session. Our continuous security approach ensures authenticity of people, things, and services at all times and can mitigate risk whenever an anomaly is detected, even during existing sessions.
Build context-based intelligence into policies to protect resources at the time of access, not just based on context during authentication.
- Ensure authenticity of users, devices, things, and services at all times with contextual and continuous authorization that can mitigate risk whenever an anomaly is detected, even during existing sessions.
- Deliver a way to build secure and dynamic policies to assess risk at resource-access time.
- Call external policy information points with easy to write scripts to gain greater knowledge about who the user is and what their context is.
- Use context to assess risk, requiring stronger authentication mechanisms only when necessary to make it easier for users while maintaining system security.
Millions of customers use your digital services--whether cloud, mobile, or IoT. Protect their digital identities and consolidate customer information, so it's easy to create and personalize the customer experience.
Cars, drones, street lights, gas pumps, wearables, medical devices... they all have a digital identity. With ForgeRock, you establish who these devices belong to, and decide how and with whom (or what) they interact.
Protect and respect privacy. With ForgeRock, you can let your customers share data selectively. Ask them what’s okay to share, how, when, and with whom. Put them in charge, and they’ll put their trust in you.